Thursday, January 25, 2007

What is SPC?

The other day I was calling a customer that the previous person in my compay had called. So, she was complaining about the price... blah blah blah... to me... and I was like... errr... can I make an appointment with you so that you can further blurt things out to me? Initially, she said "NO" "Don't need to"...etc... but after much persuasion (think sometimes, I am really good at that.. lol), she said, "yes.. but with SPC"...

Heck! What's SPC?

SPC stands for Statistical Process Control
SPC does not refer to a particular technique, algorithm or procedure
SPC is an optimisation philosophy concerned with continuous process improvements, using a collection of (statistical) tools for data and process analysis making inferences about process behaviour decision making
SPC is a key component of Total Quality initiatives
Ultimately, SPC seeks to maximise profit by improving product quality improving productivity
streamlining process reducing wastage reducing emissions improving customer service, etc.

Okay, checked out the web for definition, still don't really know the meaning of it, and its application.... sigh.. gonna leave that to my boss then....

No comments: