Friday, May 8, 2009

Halal?

It's been quite some time since I updated this blog.

Today, I reached office early morning. And since I've got nothing to do yet, so I just read on some online news and I found this.

The Star --> Najib: Tab into halal market

Well, to me, halal or not, I don't really care... but when I continued reading, I was surprised to read this..

"... These products are among hundreds from various parts of the world, including non-Muslim nations. The pill for erectile dysfunction is from South Korea while the halal beer is from Iran and the quit-smoking aid is from India..."

I don't know anything about "halal", but "halal beer"? In Malaysia? Well, why not just make a law that allow Muslims to drink, instead of calling it a "halal beer". What's next? "halal chivas"? "halal pork"?

Gosh... I think only Malaysia is trying to play god.

No comments: