Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I don't trust police, they are just "licensed" ah beng

Got this letter in Malaysiakini...

Cop breaks the law in broad daylight
Son of a Police | Dec 24, 07 4:34pm

I agree with Sunny Lim's letter Some are indeed above the law. The recent episodes add to the long list of shameful acts by the police. They think, and some honestly believe, they are above the law.

On Dec 17 at 8.20 am, I was in the Jalan Duta Court Complex’s canteen. I saw a police corporal smoking and whispering to three civilians. When he walked past me, I told him that this is not the place to smoke. In a rude and arrogant manner, he replied that the sign just says "No smoking" and holding a lit cigarette is not smoking. He then said that he can do anything he likes.

I told him, "In that case, why don’t you arrest those really smoking?" He replied that it is not his job. Assuming that it is not the police’s job to do so, where is the enforcement? The government seems not to be serious despite the many "No Smoking" signs put up around the court complex.

Due to their indifference, we can see many police officers breaking the law themselves. Indeed, they are above the law. If the police can blatantly and shamefully flout the law in public, how much more can they do to detainees inside the police station?


Honestly speaking, do you really believe in polis? I think only 1% of the force is trustable, the rest of them? They have the "license" to take your money.

Why was I saying that? My friend got framed by police, only to know that all they wanted is $$...

Police to protect us? I have my doubts...

No comments: